CYSA Uniform Kit
All CYSA travel players must have the striped uniform kit.
- If you are new to the CYSA travel program (U9-U18), you must purchase the full kit. Do not order a uniform until you have received your number assignment! Numbers will be provided once registration has closed. If you do not receive an email with ordering instructions and an assigned number within two weeks of registration closing, please email the equipment manager.
- If you have the current striped kit but need to purchase a larger size, you may do so at any time. However, you must order the same jersey number!
- Extra shorts and socks may be purchased at any time.
- All uniforms must be purchased through WeGotSoccer online at www.wegotsoccer.com/canton.
- Uniform sizing sessions are held a couple of times per year.
Who decided on the style and color?
Ultimately the CYSA board decided on the style. The decision was made based on feedback from parents, players, the travel coaches and WeGotSoccer.
Why the stripes?
Canton’s base color has always been a dark green. Unfortunately, several of the teams we play in BAYS have the same color. This often forced one team to wear “pinnies”. The goal was to stay loyal to the green, but differentiate ourselves from the other “green” teams.
Why not white stripes instead of black?
We hope to have the uniforms retain their look through several years of wear. 4 seasons of games will take their toll on the appearance of any white uniform components.
How long will CYSA keep this new style?
As long as the manufacturer sells it. We have confirmed that Joma will sell this style through the end of the 2015-16 spring season. Most vendors have a 2-3 year life for their uniform styles. Joma provides 4 . Our goal was to reduce the number of uniform “refreshes” a family must go through.
How much will it cost?
Pricing will be $55 in total for the jersey, shorts and socks.
Why the logo change?
The change in the uniform kit provided the best opportunity to update the logo. The logo has been in place for many years and also needed an update.
What went into the design process?
CYSA worked with designers at WeGotSoccer to come up with the new design. We wanted a logo that was unique to CYSA and did not look like any other town logos in the area. We also wanted something that could easily be applied to “fan wear” items such as hats, sweatshirts, bags, etc. The logos of the English Premier League were used as a starting point.
Why was WeGotSoccer (WGS) chosen?
Managing the uniforms required an extensive amount of time for our volunteer equipment manager. Additionally, keeping an inventory of uniforms available was becoming increasingly difficult. WGS is a local vendor who provides uniforms to many local club and town teams. They have a streamlined process that includes a dedicated CYSA uniform website, uniform samples for sizing, in-store pickup/home delivery and “fan wear” options. WeGotSoccer is only 15 minutes away from most parts of Canton.
Can I choose a number?
Unfortunately, we will not be able to accommodate number requests. Numbers need to be unique with in the players age group. Additionally, they need to be unique from the age group ahead/behind as 7th and 8th grade players play on combined teams.
Can I return/exchange a uniform?
No. The jerseys are a customized product and therefore cannot be returned.
Can I order a replacement jersey or additional socks/shorts?
Yes. You can go to www.wegotsoccer.com and order uniform components. Type "Canton" in the search box.
If you have any questions not answere above, send an email to email@example.com.